Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Hey mom, can I have some money? The ice cream man is coming!

"Watch these rap n*ggaz get all up in your guts
French-vanilla, butter-pecan, chocolate-deluxe
Even caramel sundaes is gettin touched
And scooped in my ice cream truck, Wu tears it up"

I can't stress how much it is the '90s again. I can't get Mr. Oizo's "Flat Beat" out of my head, which came out in 1999, and I've noticed that music videos haven't really moved on much from the '90s. A lot of them still take place in the desert, and the cinematography hasn't changed all that much. If you haven't noticed, not a lot of ground is being broken. But then, it's all been done before... And so I'm still cracking up at South Park, but instead of the movie it's Gay Fish, and well I found out about Louise Brooks 10 years ago only to find myself really discovering her now.

Anyway, the point of this blog is that I saw this stupid new baskin robbins commercial on tv and thought it fucking sounded like a stupid fucking miami bass song from the early '90s and i wanted to put it on my stupid fucking blog:
and i stumble upon THIS:
http://www.brvideocontest.com/
another freaking video contest. when i said this has been the summer of stupid contests, i meant it. but i didn't expect them to keep coming like this.
here's the roll call so far:
1. Wendy's Coffee Toffee Twisted Frosty Remix Contest (Pending)
2. Loud.com LMFAO LA LA LA remix contest (Lost)
3. HARD Summer I Can't Fucking Wait Video Contest (Won!!! WTF???)
4. Visitor Remix Contest
5. LMFAO "I'm in Your City, Trick" Video Contest (ARGH ANOTHER LMAFO CONTEST???)
6. Stupid Baskin Robbins Cake Dance Video Contest

I haven't entered contests #4, #5 or #6 yet. So is this what the professional eccentric does? Enter contests all the damn time? Is that what an eccentric does for a living? Because I'm totally down. If I win the Wendy's one, it's $3,000. Baskin Robbins will shell out $10,000. I can't believe this is my life. Now all I need to do is win that trip to Paris. Or do i?

No comments:

Post a Comment